Priority Support Customers:
Call: 613 839 1352
Trial and Basic Support Customers (Within 90 day purchase cover period):
CourseBuilder and other Training Services
One day Instructor-led, on-site CourseBuilder User Course:
Cost: $900 + expenses
A knowledgeable subject matter expert will attend your site to deliver training on CourseBuilder. This provides a hands-on learning experience in a classroom environment for users of CourseBuilder who will be responsible for developing, managing and publishing learning content using CourseBuilder. Topics covered include:
- CourseBuilder overview and key capabilities
- Installation and license management
- Primary application tabs and functions
- Important CourseBuilder concepts
- Catalogs, course types and course component concepts
- Course structuring; design and metadata including descriptions, objectives and syllabus
- Creating course content including storyboards, reusable learning objects (RLOs) and shared content objects (SCOs) source files
- Course development, publishing and printing – typical workflow and use of CourseBuilder functions
- Managing course/content resources and published material
- Developing, Constructing and Publishing within a team environment
- Using CourseBuilder for slide presentations and Word document management
- CourseBuilder tools including statistics, variables and auditing
- CourseBuilder tips and tricks
- Wrap up, Q&A
Remote, Facilitated CourseBuilder User Course (Four, 2-hour sessions):
Using your preferred collaboration service (Adobe Connect, WebEx, Zoom.com, Skype etc), the same topics as described in the onsite training, above will be delivered. All sessions recommended to be completed within two (2) weeks.
TRAINING DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
We offer a range of training development consulting services leveraging the power of CourseBuilder and our many years of experience in instructional design, development and delivery to help jump-start, re-organize or improve your training services:
Course Template Development
Our consultants will create shared content object (SCO) front matter material masters and reusable learning object (RLO) templates using the clients’ standard marketing communications material and set these up ready for use in CourseBuilder.
Content Inventory and Constructor Setup
Our consultants will evaluate your current inventory of course-ware materials and advise on setup of content repositories and structures to enable management and re-use, through CourseBuilder.
Course Design and Development
We can assist to help create courses from scratch or re-develop existing courses using our wide experience of course-ware development, training delivery, and management across a range of different industries.
Pricing for these services is $100.00 per hour. Lower rates are negotiable for long-term service agreements. For services delivered onsite, reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be in addition.
Instructional Techniques Workshops (Short or Standard duration)
Our instructional training staff have over 30 years experience in the training and mentoring of instructional personnel in all fields and skills, such as course-ware development, training delivery and managing the training function. We provide excellent workshops in instructional techniques (train the trainer or as some say, methods of instruction) for candidates who have no formal training or presentation delivery background or experience.
- Workshops can be customized to fit the customer requirements and can be as short as 1 day in duration for those with some experience or due to a limited budget.
- Then there’s the full techniques workshop that includes an insight to training development skills, instructional methods, such as theory and practical training with personal constructive and corrective critiques and guidance. This workshop is 5 days in duration.
These workshops are carried out on customer sites only. Pricing for these services is $100.00 per hour. For services delivered onsite, reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be in addition.
Presentation Techniques Workshop
This one day workshop is ideal for personnel who have been assigned the task of presenter, sales or marketing representative or for any appointment where presentation delivery is part of their role. Learn how to prepare your presentation and deliver it successfully and painlessly.
Pricing for these services is $100.00 per hour. For services delivered onsite, reasonable travel and accommodation expenses will be in addition.